The Vice President of Inspections oversees all operations and performance metrics of the Inspections Department. He/she is responsible for communicating and implementing Delta Oaks Group’s vision, mission, and overall strategic direction within the Inspections Department. The VP will also be required to manage the Inspections department from a logistical, financial, and technical level. Ultimately, this position is responsible for coordinating with the Managing Partners to develop technical and operational approaches for field and office procedures, implementing these procedures, and ensuring all associated department production goals (financial, schedule, capacity and quality) are realized. He/she will be accountable for the fiscal responsibility and sound financial management of his/her department(s) through developing, recognizing, and implementing practices that increase revenues and decrease costs as well as driving revenue generation through client development and retention.
- Oversees management of all departmental resources, including efficient allocation to varying department demands
- Leads the formulation and implementation of the strategic plan that guides the direction of the department, including accepting accountability for financial performance and implementation of strategic initiatives
- Reviews and tracks departmental financial performance and budgets, including the communication and resolution of significant variances as well as the authorization of budget expenditures
- Manages the Department leads and helps make them successful/effective through the implementation of innovative and efficient procedures and processes
- Oversees management team’s development of standard operating procedures for above and below grade inspection services, including management policies for internal field crews to support inspection operations such as TIA Inspection Reports, Tower Mappings, Mount Mappings, Foundation Mappings, Post Construction/Modification Inspections
- Accountability for the overall performance of managed field crews, including technical, schedule, pacing, equipment usage and human resource related issues in accordance with company guidelines and policies
- Oversees onboarding / separation of all department staff
- Develops a great recruiting and retention program
- Develops means and methods to proactively track field crew performance per company expectations
- Maintain, enforce and promote company safety guidelines
- Work with CAD and structural engineering staff to develop efficient overarching production processes and resolve questions regarding technical content
- Contributes to the sales and profitability requirements of the business through strategic business development
- Develops client relationships, client retention practices, and grows/develops/maintains revenue streams
- Interacting with top priority clients on various issues
- Maintaining awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards
- Develop strategies and policies to help department reach company-appointed goals
- Responsible for monitoring operational compliance of department with company policies
The selected individual will be expected to have a thorough understanding of Above and Below Grade Inspection services and how they contribute to and affect the successful delivery of a turn-key end product from both a technical and scheduling standpoint. Due to the nature and limited timelines of most projects, the selected candidate should be willing and capable of exhibiting the work ethic and social ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment where timely communication with co-workers, clients and strategic partners is paramount.
Computer Software Experience
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and advanced Excel functions is required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in the design, evaluation, and/or inspection of telecommunication structures including tower and foundation components
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in business development and client relations
- Working knowledge and thorough familiarity with codes and standards relating to telecommunication structures, including TIA/EIA-222 requirements
- Ability to interpret site construction drawings, site audits, etc. regarding spatial relationships of various telecommunications infrastructure as it relates to above and below grade structural design requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with contractors, clients or their representatives, jurisdictional officials and other engineering vendors
- Knowledge of bolted and welded connections
- Knowledge of tower hardware and components, including the examination of probable cost relating to the specification of such equipment
- Knowledge of tower reinforcement/erection and tower construction practices preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client and strategic partner relationships
Delta Oaks Group is founded on the principle of delivering unparalleled client service and providing its employees an exceptional work environment. We strongly believe that these two principles are not separable and are only accomplished through hard work, honesty, and treating others with respect. We are seeking individuals that share those same values.
Bachelor of Science in Structural or related engineering field from an ABET accredited institution.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Delta Oaks Group
Delta Oaks Group is a professional engineering firm offering site development, inspection and structural engineering services throughout the United States and Its Territories with a focus in the commercial and telecommunications industries.
Delta Oaks Group was established on two basic principles that we believe drive service based business:
- Provide superior client service
- Hire and retain exceptional talent
At Delta Oaks Group, our objective is to focus on core values in order to rekindle the traditional small business philosophies that are so often neglected in today's business landscape. We believe this starts by focusing on the people with which we share our professional environment, thereby respecting those we work for (clients) and those we work with (colleagues). Valuing and understanding both your client's and colleague's vision of long-term success and their incremental objectives along the way; establishing a collaborative and transparent communicative environment regarding the professional achievements and challenges associated with those objectives; and committing to the hard-work and dedication necessary to help achieve those long-term goals are all prerequisites Delta Oaks Group believes are essential to creating a true PARTNERSHIP that promotes the success of both parties.
Delta Oaks Group firmly believes that its success can only be achieved through focusing on the two most important assets of the technical service business; clients and employees. Exceptional technical services are driven by unique talent that possesses the willingness and ability to seek and comprehend client needs while consistently exhibiting an unrelenting attention to detail and desire to settle for nothing but the best. The Delta Oaks Group difference is coupling this approach with superior client service founded on unmatched client responsiveness, transparency, and client-tailored managerial systems and communication protocols.
Company Website: www.deltaoaksgroup.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)