This position is responsible for gathering and reporting structural field data for telecommunication structures. The selected individual(s) will be required to perform inspections as a part of a two-person team. Anticipated tasks include but are not limited to:
- Ascending telecommunication structures (typically ranging from 10 feet to in-excess of 300 feet of height) to perform structural mappings, maintenance inspections and construction inspections
- Performing foundation investigations for existing foundation elements including non- destructive testing applications
- Prepare and review technical reports associated with tower and tower foundation structural components
- Collaborate with internal CAD personnel regarding details of collected data and the necessary presentation of said data
- Successfully complete and maintain the required training and certifications to adhere to all government, industry and company standards; including all applicable safety requirements
- Developing a technical knowledge of tower components and thorough familiarity with industry codes and standards relating to telecommunication structures, including TIA/EIA-222 requirements
- Adhere to all government, industry and company safety standards and procedures
- Ability to work in two-person teams independently
- Prepare data acquisition
- Read and interpret structural and architectural drawings, specifications, and design requirements related to telecommunication applications.
- Conduct due diligence for multiple projects prior to field work
- Peer review of field structural data and client deliverables
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with clients, co-workers, client representatives and regulatory & safety officials
The selected individual will be expected to have or develop a thorough understanding of telecommunications structural inspection services, procedures and techniques. Due to the nature and limited timelines of most projects, the selected candidate(s) should be willing and capable of exhibiting the work ethic and social ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment where timely communication with co-workers is paramount.
Computer Software Experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel are required
- Functional proficiency with AutoCAD is preferred
- Must have the ability to climb telecommunication structures and possess a labor- intensive attitude
- Must be at least 21 years old, possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must be able to work outdoors
- Ability to travel throughout the United States, Puerto Rico & US Virgin Islands
- Ability to frequently stoop, kneel, and crouch as well as lift weight or exert a force up to 75 pounds
- Ability to interpret engineering design drawings
- Ability to communicate effectively
Delta Oaks Group is founded on the principle of delivering unparalleled client service and providing its employees an exceptional work environment. We strongly believe that these two principles are not separable and are only accomplished through hard work, honesty, and treating others with respect. We are seeking individuals that share those same values.
Bachelor of Science in civil or related engineering field from an ABET accredited institution is preferred.
90% plus travel will be required for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Delta Oaks Group
Delta Oaks Group is a professional engineering firm offering site development, inspection and structural engineering services throughout the United States and Its Territories with a focus in the commercial and telecommunications industries.
Delta Oaks Group was established on two basic principles that we believe drive service based business:
- Provide superior client service
- Hire and retain exceptional talent
At Delta Oaks Group, our objective is to focus on core values in order to rekindle the traditional small business philosophies that are so often neglected in today's business landscape. We believe this starts by focusing on the people with which we share our professional environment, thereby respecting those we work for (clients) and those we work with (colleagues). Valuing and understanding both your client's and colleague's vision of long-term success and their incremental objectives along the way; establishing a collaborative and transparent communicative environment regarding the professional achievements and challenges associated with those objectives; and committing to the hard-work and dedication necessary to help achieve those long-term goals are all prerequisites Delta Oaks Group believes are essential to creating a true PARTNERSHIP that promotes the success of both parties.
Delta Oaks Group firmly believes that its success can only be achieved through focusing on the two most important assets of the technical service business; clients and employees. Exceptional technical services are driven by unique talent that possesses the willingness and ability to seek and comprehend client needs while consistently exhibiting an unrelenting attention to detail and desire to settle for nothing but the best. The Delta Oaks Group difference is coupling this approach with superior client service founded on unmatched client responsiveness, transparency, and client-tailored managerial systems and communication protocols.
Company Website: www.deltaoaksgroup.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)