The selected individual will be responsible for assisting in the completion of various civil-site design, environmental, hydrologic/hydraulic, and erosion control related tasks including on-site field inspections; interpretation and evaluation of stormwater, erosion control, and earthwork related issues; site remediation design; rawland civil-site design, co-location telecommunication facility design, environmental report production, and project management coordination of designed projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working as part of a team under the direct supervision of a project manager or project engineer, the candidate will be responsible for performing inspections, evaluations, computations, and designs generally associated with civil-site engineering discipline, including but not limited to:
- Completing spatial layout of telecommunication facilities based on governing municipality zoning requirements
- Completing and optimizing design of telecommunication facilities from an earthwork, drainage, spatial, construction feasibility, and cost-efficiency perspective
- Completing hydrologic and hydraulic calculations typically associated with roadway drainage systems
- Performing site design tasks including roadway plan and profile, grading, erosion control, and permitting
- Preparing and coordinating environmental related services such as Phase I ESAs and NEPAs, including SHPO/THPO consultation, TCNS Public Notifications, etc.
- Providing CAD support for the candidate’s own designs as well as designs of senior staff
- Analyzing/evaluating the relationship between stormwater runoff and slope stability
- Performing on-site inspections of field conditions relating to stormwater systems, slope stability, and erosion control
- Preparation of engineering studies and reports regarding slope stability, rural roadway systems, and stormwater control in rural roadway settings
- Corresponding with various municipalities and governing agencies regarding design and permitting requirements
- Coordinating with sub-consultants and contractors to provide clients with turn-key solutions
- Researching innovative methods for addressing issues related to steep slopes & rural roadway stability
Knowledge and Skills Required
- General knowledge of the turnkey workflow process associated with the design and permitting of rawland telecommunication facilities and/or new construction commercial/residential developments
- General knowledge of the hydrologic and hydraulic principles associated with roadway drainage, riverine and open channel systems, bridge and culvert systems, and/or watershed modeling
- General knowledge of environmental reporting processes and components typically associated with new construction and telecommunication facilities
- Experience (and/or the ability and willingness to learn) with computer drafting software such as AutoCAD (specific experience with roadway plan and profile, cross section layout, etc. is preferred) is required
- Working knowledge of hydraulic computer software such as HEC-RAS, HydraFlow, HydroCAD, HEC-HMS, etc. is preferred
- Experience in the survey field, including office and field survey operations a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience in production of technical reports is preferred
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, and coordination skills
- EI Certification preferred
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated worker, capable of operating in a team-oriented environment intended to complete projects effectively and efficiently. He/She should have strong interpersonal skills, as this position requires working and interacting with fellow co-workers on a daily basis. This person should be a self-starter, with a focus on company and career advancement though diligent work, technical competence, and client satisfaction.
Frequently = more than 75% of time
Constantly = between 25% and 75% of the time
Occasionally = less than 25% of the time
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to view computer monitor
- Occasionally required to perform field work
- Field work may include, but is not limited to:
- Gathering field measurements and survey data in steep terrain, which may include working around steep slopes and working in remote wooded areas
- Gathering data on roadway drainage systems, which may include working around vehicular traffic, lifting heavy items (drainage grates), and working around steep slopes (2:1)
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
Internships, Co-ops, and/or engineering experience amounting to 1-2 years in the civil engineering field is preferred
Some travel, approximately 20%, will be required.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the requirements of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the position. This document is not an employment contract.
In accordance with the Americans with Disability Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disable individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which pose serious health or safety risks to employee or others and/or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Delta Oaks Group
Delta Oaks Group is a professional engineering firm offering site development, inspection and structural engineering services throughout the United States and Its Territories with a focus in the commercial and telecommunications industries.
Delta Oaks Group was established on two basic principles that we believe drive service based business:
- Provide superior client service
- Hire and retain exceptional talent
At Delta Oaks Group, our objective is to focus on core values in order to rekindle the traditional small business philosophies that are so often neglected in today's business landscape. We believe this starts by focusing on the people with which we share our professional environment, thereby respecting those we work for (clients) and those we work with (colleagues). Valuing and understanding both your client's and colleague's vision of long-term success and their incremental objectives along the way; establishing a collaborative and transparent communicative environment regarding the professional achievements and challenges associated with those objectives; and committing to the hard-work and dedication necessary to help achieve those long-term goals are all prerequisites Delta Oaks Group believes are essential to creating a true PARTNERSHIP that promotes the success of both parties.
Delta Oaks Group firmly believes that its success can only be achieved through focusing on the two most important assets of the technical service business; clients and employees. Exceptional technical services are driven by unique talent that possesses the willingness and ability to seek and comprehend client needs while consistently exhibiting an unrelenting attention to detail and desire to settle for nothing but the best. The Delta Oaks Group difference is coupling this approach with superior client service founded on unmatched client responsiveness, transparency, and client-tailored managerial systems and communication protocols.
Company Website: www.deltaoaksgroup.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)