Delta Oaks Group is seeking an individual to perform various structural engineering analysis and design services, as part of our Structural Engineering Department located in our Raleigh, NC office.
Under the supervision of Director – Structural Engineering, the selected individual will perform design, computations, and evaluations generally associated with structures, and other aspects of the structural engineering discipline across multiple markets, including the commercial and wireless telecommunications industries. Anticipated tasks include but are not limited to:
- Structural analysis and design utilizing manual calculations, commercially available programs and in-house tools.
- Programming in-house tools for analysis / design, calculation and report automation.
- Providing CAD support for the preparation of structural design drawings, or assisting other departments within the company.
- Coordination with field personnel for structure mapping and inspection projects.
- Preparation of engineering reports with recommendations for commercial and telecommunications structures.
- Review of jurisdictional and/or local governing agency requirements for structural analysis, design and construction.
- Communication with clients on design needs and production deadlines, under the direction of a Chief Structural Engineer or associated project lead.
- Review and QA/QC of assigned tasks completed by other engineering and technical staff.
Due to the nature and limited timelines of most projects, the selected individual should be willing and capable of exhibiting the work ethic and social ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment where communication with co-workers and strategic partners is paramount.
Computer Software Experience
- Proficiency with commercial tower analysis software, e.g. tnxTower
- Familiarity with finite-element software, e.g. RISA 3D
- Knowledge and use of foundation analysis / design software, including Caisson and LPILE
- Competent use of visual calculation software, e.g. MathCAD
- Experience with computer drafting software, AutoCAD 2012 or later
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word is required
- Programming experience with Visual Basic for Applications and other object-oriented languages
Required Experience and Supplementary Skills
Engineering experience amounting to one (1) to two (2) years of experience in or other development based structural engineering practice is required. Additionally, the candidate should have experience relating to the following:
- Strong technical verbal / writing skills, and ability to read technical literature and engineering plans
- Intermediate knowledge of tower and foundation reinforcement methods
- Previous experience in wireless telecommunication structure analysis and design
- Understanding of structure mapping and inspection techniques
If background and job experience fit, higher experience levels will be considered.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited institution. Engineer in training (“EIT”) or Engineering Intern “EI” certification, with structural emphasis, is preferred.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated worker, with a demonstrated focus on accuracy and high attention to detail, capable of operating in a team-oriented environment. The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills, as this position requires interacting with fellow co-workers, clients, and vendors on a daily basis. The candidate should be a self-starter, with a focus on company and career advancement though diligent work, technical competence, and client satisfaction. The selected individual should also be willing/capable of growing into an expanded project/senior engineering role as the client base and responsibility of the department expands.
Delta Oaks Group is founded on the principle of delivering unparalleled client service and providing its employees an exceptional work environment. We strongly believe that these two principles are not separable and are only accomplished through hard work, honesty, and treating others with respect. We are seeking individuals that share those same values.
Some travel, approximately 5%, will be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Delta Oaks Group
Delta Oaks Group is a professional engineering firm offering site development, inspection and structural engineering services throughout the United States and Its Territories with a focus in the commercial and telecommunications industries.
Delta Oaks Group was established on two basic principles that we believe drive service based business:
- Provide superior client service
- Hire and retain exceptional talent
At Delta Oaks Group, our objective is to focus on core values in order to rekindle the traditional small business philosophies that are so often neglected in today's business landscape. We believe this starts by focusing on the people with which we share our professional environment, thereby respecting those we work for (clients) and those we work with (colleagues). Valuing and understanding both your client's and colleague's vision of long-term success and their incremental objectives along the way; establishing a collaborative and transparent communicative environment regarding the professional achievements and challenges associated with those objectives; and committing to the hard-work and dedication necessary to help achieve those long-term goals are all prerequisites Delta Oaks Group believes are essential to creating a true PARTNERSHIP that promotes the success of both parties.
Delta Oaks Group firmly believes that its success can only be achieved through focusing on the two most important assets of the technical service business; clients and employees. Exceptional technical services are driven by unique talent that possesses the willingness and ability to seek and comprehend client needs while consistently exhibiting an unrelenting attention to detail and desire to settle for nothing but the best. The Delta Oaks Group difference is coupling this approach with superior client service founded on unmatched client responsiveness, transparency, and client-tailored managerial systems and communication protocols.
Company Website: www.deltaoaksgroup.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)