Delta Oaks Group is seeking an individual to perform various civil-site engineering and site planning tasks, including but not limited to spatial infrastructure layout, grading plans, roadway plan and profile, utility layout and coordination, and erosion control typically associated with small commercial site development plans. The ability to manage a project from feasibility assessment through the issuance of a building permit, including correspondence with project stakeholders, subcontractors, and client representatives is required, Additionally, experience and/or knowledge of general grading, stormwater design principles, and an ability to evaluate the relationship between civil infrastructure and grading/topography, drainage patterns, the soil matrix, and erosion is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected individual will be expected lead projects from commencement to completion, including the ability to:
- Develop site plans for small commercial developments including overall site layouts, grading plans, erosion and sediment control plans, plan and elevation views, utility plans, etc.
- Manage site development projects from commencement through final permit approval with little to no supervision
- Analyze stormwater/drainage systems to control erosion, stabilize infrastructure, and repair deteriorated roadway sections
- Perform computer-aided design of all site development related components including but not limited to grading, utilities, spatial layout of infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, landscaping, and stormwater to produce plans in accordance with various standards and criteria
- Review and QA/QC of assigned tasks completed by other engineering and technical staff.
- Assist younger engineers and drafters regarding site development design and drafting principles.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Experience with computer drafting software, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D, is required.
- Experience managing site development projects at a holistic level is required.
- Experience designing all aspects (grading, stormwater, utilities, erosion control, infrastructure layout, etc.) of civil site development is required.
- Experience with modeling/design tools, such as TR-55/TR-20, Hydraflow, HydroCAD, HEC-HMS, and/or ARCGIS is required. Experience using LIDAR data is highly desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated worker, capable of operating in a team-oriented environment intended to complete projects effectively and efficiently. He/She should have strong interpersonal skills, as this position requires working and interacting with fellow co-workers on a daily basis. This person should be a self-starter, with a focus on company and career advancement though diligent work, technical competence, and client satisfaction.
Frequently = more than 75% of time
Constantly = between 25% and 75% of the time
Occasionally = less than 25% of the time
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to view computer monitor
- Occasionally required to perform field work
- Field work may include, but is not limited to:
- Gathering field measurements and survey data in steep terrain, which may include working around steep slopes and working in remote wooded areas
- Gathering data on roadway drainage systems, which may include working around vehicular traffic, lifting heavy items (drainage grates), and working around steep slopes (2:1)
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution with the experience highlighted below; OR Associates Degree in a technical discipline with the experience highlighted below
With Bachelor of Science Degree, design experience amounting to four (4) – eight (8) years of practice; with Associates Degree, design experience amounting to ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of practice. Experience shall be demonstrated in the areas of stormwater/hydraulic design, land development, or other natural resource based civil-engineering practice is required. Professional Engineer license is strongly preferred.
If background and job experience fit, higher experience levels will be considered.
Some travel, approximately 10%, will be required.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the requirements of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the position. This document is not an employment contract.
In accordance with the Americans with Disability Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disable individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which pose serious health or safety risks to employee or others and/or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Delta Oaks Group
Delta Oaks Group is a professional engineering firm offering site development, inspection and structural engineering services throughout the United States and Its Territories with a focus in the commercial and telecommunications industries.
Delta Oaks Group was established on two basic principles that we believe drive service based business:
- Provide superior client service
- Hire and retain exceptional talent
At Delta Oaks Group, our objective is to focus on core values in order to rekindle the traditional small business philosophies that are so often neglected in today's business landscape. We believe this starts by focusing on the people with which we share our professional environment, thereby respecting those we work for (clients) and those we work with (colleagues). Valuing and understanding both your client's and colleague's vision of long-term success and their incremental objectives along the way; establishing a collaborative and transparent communicative environment regarding the professional achievements and challenges associated with those objectives; and committing to the hard-work and dedication necessary to help achieve those long-term goals are all prerequisites Delta Oaks Group believes are essential to creating a true PARTNERSHIP that promotes the success of both parties.
Delta Oaks Group firmly believes that its success can only be achieved through focusing on the two most important assets of the technical service business; clients and employees. Exceptional technical services are driven by unique talent that possesses the willingness and ability to seek and comprehend client needs while consistently exhibiting an unrelenting attention to detail and desire to settle for nothing but the best. The Delta Oaks Group difference is coupling this approach with superior client service founded on unmatched client responsiveness, transparency, and client-tailored managerial systems and communication protocols.
Company Website: www.deltaoaksgroup.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)