Delta Oaks Group is seeking an individual to lead the Geotechnical Department in the telecommunication and commercial industries. Positional responsibilities, further detailed below, include but are not limited to various technical evaluations, project management, client management, and administrative support services associated with turnkey engineering projects. This position will require a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the geotechnical engineering field, demonstrated experience performing geotechnical investigations and analysis, and experience managing engineering teams. Career and/or educational experience establishing a thorough familiarity of geotechnical investigations, as well as, design and analysis of telecommunications structures and commercial developments is required.
The Geotechnical Director provides management, leadership, mentoring and empowerment to all employees within the geotechnical department, promoting teamwork and prioritizing resources across teams and projects to ensure department profitability and growth. He/She is responsible for coordinating with the Vice President to develop technical and operational approaches for production processes, implementing these procedures, and ensuring the efficiency and quality of departmental deliverables. The Director should also be adept at developing and managing systems that track departmental production, working with the Vice President as necessary to obtain additional resources to maximize productivity.
The Director is responsible for assisting the Vice President in recruiting, managing, and retaining department personnel, including ensuring that his/her team has the right processes and tools to be successful. He/she is accountable for the operating budget of the department, ensuring that personnel utilization is maximized, and project/production-related expenses are minimized. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for the oversight of technical evaluations, project management, client management, and administrative support services associated with departmental projects. Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of geotechnical production, including the review and further development of standard operating procedures for department deliverables
- Accountable for overall performance of departmental production, including technical accuracy and pacing
- Effectively communicate departmental production expectations and track departmental/individual progress towards productivity goals
- Provide technical oversight and quality control of all departmental deliverables, providing coaching/training as necessary to improve delivered product, and serving as one of the lead technical resources for junior engineers
- Review/compile department deliverables, including but not limited to geotechnical investigations, supplemental geotechnical reviews, and foundation installation inspections
- Reviews production costs, product quality, and modifies production processes to maintain and enhance profitable operation of the geotechnical department
- Reviews and assesses departmental growth plans, ascertaining requirements to meet budgets and develop new clients/markets, requesting changes in the allocation of department budget as required
- Assist VP with development of an annual business plan and accountability for the execution of strategic initiatives
- Work in concert with other discipline leads to improve product quality through interdepartmental communication and sharing of technical knowledge
- Promote client revenue growth by working collaboratively across business (technical) liens to understand client needs and facilitate turn-key service offerings
- Work with Vice President and Executive Team to establish, retain, and grow client relationships; attending client meetings and/or business development functions as necessary
- Recruit and retain department personnel through the promotion of company culture
- Mentor departmental employees as to create a professional environment of innovation, opportunity, development, and continuous improvement that supports company objectives
Computer Software Experience
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and advanced Excel functions is required
- Knowledge of geotechnical software including gINT, Shaft, and foundation design/analysis programs is required
- Knowledge of project management software such as JIRA is desired
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in the design and analysis of telecommunications structures and commercial developments is required
- P.E. registration required
- Working knowledge and thorough familiarity with codes and standards relating to telecommunication structures, including TIA/EIA-222 requirements is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with contractors, clients or their representatives, jurisdictional officials and other engineering vendors
- Ability to communicate effectively, internally and externally, with related disciplines during and after analysis and report preparation phases
Delta Oaks Group is founded on the principle of delivering unparalleled client service and providing its employees an exceptional work environment. We strongly believe that these two principles are not separable and are only accomplished through hard work, honesty, and treating others with respect. We are seeking individuals that share those same values.
Bachelor of Science in Geotechnical or related engineering field from an ABET accredited institution.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Delta Oaks Group
Delta Oaks Group is a professional engineering firm offering site development, inspection and structural engineering services throughout the United States and Its Territories with a focus in the commercial and telecommunications industries.
Delta Oaks Group was established on two basic principles that we believe drive service based business:
- Provide superior client service
- Hire and retain exceptional talent
At Delta Oaks Group, our objective is to focus on core values in order to rekindle the traditional small business philosophies that are so often neglected in today's business landscape. We believe this starts by focusing on the people with which we share our professional environment, thereby respecting those we work for (clients) and those we work with (colleagues). Valuing and understanding both your client's and colleague's vision of long-term success and their incremental objectives along the way; establishing a collaborative and transparent communicative environment regarding the professional achievements and challenges associated with those objectives; and committing to the hard-work and dedication necessary to help achieve those long-term goals are all prerequisites Delta Oaks Group believes are essential to creating a true PARTNERSHIP that promotes the success of both parties.
Delta Oaks Group firmly believes that its success can only be achieved through focusing on the two most important assets of the technical service business; clients and employees. Exceptional technical services are driven by unique talent that possesses the willingness and ability to seek and comprehend client needs while consistently exhibiting an unrelenting attention to detail and desire to settle for nothing but the best. The Delta Oaks Group difference is coupling this approach with superior client service founded on unmatched client responsiveness, transparency, and client-tailored managerial systems and communication protocols.
Company Website: www.deltaoaksgroup.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)