Delta Oaks Group is seeking an individual to assist in the completion of various civil engineering/A&E related tasks associated with the telecommunications and commercial industry, including on-site field inspections.
Working as part of a team under the direct supervision of a senior engineer, the selected individual will be responsible for performing drafting and design generally associated with civil engineering and A&E services in multiple industries, including but not limited to:
- Layout and draw CAD schematic, orthographic, and other views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, and systems of various telecom and civil infrastructure
- Layout and draw CAD based plans for civil engineering projects encompassing road, utilities, grading, erosion and sediment control, and other improvements
- Design site drawings from templates, existing files or hand sketches complying with industry and company standards.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for telecommunications/civil specifications using computer-assisted drafting (AutoCAD) equipment.
- Modify and revise designs to correct deficiencies and/or resolve construction/permitting/zoning issues.
- Perform inspections/audits and related functions at telecommunications sites with limited supervision.
- Coordinate with client representatives, governing agency personnel, and other project stakeholders to determine various project specifics.
- Communicate with clients on design needs and production deadlines, under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Communicate with supervisor on job-related issues.
- Research travel arrangements for out-of-town trips.
- Coordinate with and consult others to design, layout, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Help develop and maintain AutoCAD standards and adhere to department protocol for drawing setup, publishing, and record keeping.
Due to the nature and limited timelines of most projects, the selected individual should be willing and capable of exhibiting the work ethic and social ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment where communication with co-workers and strategic partners is paramount.
Computer Software Experience
- Experience with computer drafting software, AutoCAD, is required
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated worker, capable of operating in a team-oriented environment intended to complete projects effectively and efficiently. He/She should have strong interpersonal skills, as this position requires interacting with fellow co-workers and employees on a daily basis. He/She should be a self-starter, with a focus on company and career advancement though diligent work, technical competence, and client satisfaction. The selected individual should also be willing/capable of growing into an expanded project/senior engineering role as the client base and responsibility of the group expands.
Delta Oaks Group is founded on the principle of delivering unparalleled client service and providing its employees an exceptional work environment. We strongly believe that these two principles are not separable and are only accomplished through hard work, honesty, and treating others with respect. We are seeking individuals that share those same values.
Associate’s Degree in a civil engineering, architecture, graphic design, or drafting related field. Graduation of a civil drafting program from a recognized technical institute or one to two year(s) of related experience and/or formal training in AutoCAD; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered based on Hiring Manager decision
Required Experience and Supplementary Skills
Internships, Co-ops, and/or drafting experience amounting to a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the telecommunications field is preferred. Additionally, the candidate should have experience relating to the following:
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans and drawings.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science/technology and applying those principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Prior experience with civil engineering projects encompassing land development, transportation, or utility design is strongly preferred
- Current aptitude or ability to develop an understanding of regulatory requirements and basic civil-site related design practices preferred
- Prior experience in the clean-up of topographic survey downloads a plus.
- Possess mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations
Some travel, approximately 10-25%, will be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Delta Oaks Group
Delta Oaks Group is a professional engineering firm offering site development, inspection and structural engineering services throughout the United States and Its Territories with a focus in the commercial and telecommunications industries.
Delta Oaks Group was established on two basic principles that we believe drive service based business:
- Provide superior client service
- Hire and retain exceptional talent
At Delta Oaks Group, our objective is to focus on core values in order to rekindle the traditional small business philosophies that are so often neglected in today's business landscape. We believe this starts by focusing on the people with which we share our professional environment, thereby respecting those we work for (clients) and those we work with (colleagues). Valuing and understanding both your client's and colleague's vision of long-term success and their incremental objectives along the way; establishing a collaborative and transparent communicative environment regarding the professional achievements and challenges associated with those objectives; and committing to the hard-work and dedication necessary to help achieve those long-term goals are all prerequisites Delta Oaks Group believes are essential to creating a true PARTNERSHIP that promotes the success of both parties.
Delta Oaks Group firmly believes that its success can only be achieved through focusing on the two most important assets of the technical service business; clients and employees. Exceptional technical services are driven by unique talent that possesses the willingness and ability to seek and comprehend client needs while consistently exhibiting an unrelenting attention to detail and desire to settle for nothing but the best. The Delta Oaks Group difference is coupling this approach with superior client service founded on unmatched client responsiveness, transparency, and client-tailored managerial systems and communication protocols.
Company Website: www.deltaoaksgroup.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)